Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Comparison

During the month of December and the first of January is when I have a chance to slow down and reflect. I often compare myself to others. I know that we are each on our own journey.. but I still compare (I am human)
Yesterday I made a TikTok (@akbusybee) of how much I have changed since last January.

These two pictures were taken 1 year apart.. same clothes and everything! The pic on the left was from November 6th, 2020 and the one on the right was November 6th, 2019.
I started in July at 217.8 and I am currently at 197.9 just shy of 20 pounds. I need to take measurements, but I notice in how I feel, how I move, how I look.

I have written before that I started this journey again because I work in a public school as a librarian.. and I need to be as healthy as I can be.  I have hung around this 20 pound mark for about 2 months.  There has been SO much stress that we have all had to handle, but after putting that video together yesterday I reminded myself that I can control how much I work out, what I eat, and how I take care of myself.   

Here is what I have done:
-I joined Weight Watchers (I did a good 3 months of it.. and then got off track of tracking.. but still kept it in mind.. I am back on tracking right now though!)
-I walked a WHOLE lot.. and this is one of my goals for the new year (more info to come) I even purchased a used treadmill from a friend
-I occasionally did virtual Camp Gladiator 
-I did several YesFit challenges
-meal prepped breakfast and lunches
-taking my vitamins daily (vitamin c, multi-vitamin, airborne gummies with elderberry, zinc, d3.. and at night a melatonin and magnesium)
-began seeing a counselor

As I said before, I got way off this last month.. living through a pandemic is stressful.. and there is a ton going on in my house that causes stress.

A new year is coming up.. and I am excited to continue on this journey.
I haven't completely decided on my goals for this year, but here is where I am starting:
-Goal weight of 185
-walk 365 miles

I know that 2021 will probably not be any easier, but I sure can't wait to check off 2020! I also post much more of this crazy journey over at @healthyakbusybee on Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment