Sunday, January 5, 2020

Almost 40

I turn 40 this month.  I don't make resolutions.. I make goals and write down my dreams in lists. 

As I have listed in many of my blogs over the years.. I am very comfortable in my own skin.  However, I know that if I want to continue to do all the crazy fun things I do.. I need to be healthier.
I began Camp Gladiator last year and have been going off and on not consistently... but when I do go I love EVERY minute of it!

About 7 years ago I was on the health journey.. and not going to lie... I ended up looking GREAT! I am a person as soon as I set my mind to it.. I usually can accomplish it.  But I have used my life as a reason to not put my mind to my health and what I am doing.

Yesterday I got tested for CG Fit using a body composition test. I weigh 217.5 pounds with a body fat percentage of 45.3.  The printout that we were given gave us SO much more information.  After this body composition test we then had a chance to talk with a trainer where he not only broke down all the information from the InBody test, but also gave us some realistic goals and ways to really make a difference in what you are eating. 

So, this month in order to win that free shirt.. I have to check in 12 times (which is only 3 times a week), have an InBody test (done) do the Fit Test- which is later this week, and complete an OutBody test (at the end of the month)

Did I mention that this month is also my Birthday month so I get all those freebie foods... which is also in my budget of really cheap?


I don't ever expect to be this size again.. but who knows.  I will be sharing more on my Private Instagram account over at healthyakbusybee

Things I plan to do
-logging what I eat and realizing portion sizes- even if it isn't the healthiest!
-Not depriving myself- who wants to be around me if I am cranky.. I don't want to be around me if I am cranky.  I am a fast food aholic! If I do get fast food.. it will be kids meals
-Getting my rear to CG! Goal is 3 times a week.. but I am sort of in this competition with the rest of my AMPEd Crew.. and we can get a least 5 points a week for working out!
-Eat before 8pm.. if it can be before 7.. even better!
-sharing what I eat (hence the Instagram account)
-cutting down on the sodas

I know we are all on different journeys.  After the Fit Test yesterday our Trainer Big U said I should have the goal of lowering my Percent Body Fat by 2%.. So that would be from 45.3 percent to 44.394 (still super high.. but I love that he gave a goal that was realistic!)

I am also logging in My Fitness Pal with the goal of
Non workout days eating- 1842 calories
Workout days eating- 2149 calories
That is also
-40% protein
-30% carbs
-30% fat

So, here's to a New Year.. I am pretty happy with me :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard tie eating the proteins without raising the fats. *sigh*

    I wish you a healthy 2020!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I am going to look at some protein shakes of drinks for this..posting more on my healthyakbusybee account on Instagram

      Delete